The future must be my proof. -- Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility
Yesterday: I turned 26.
Today: I start making my next year the best so far.
Good beginnings usually mean: a list. Of 26 things I'll do before I turn 27.
I love this sort of list, crammed with wonderful goals made for the next year. Saw it first on Hula Seventy, as well as Elsie, and I love Julia's blog for the same reason.
It's inspiring business, after all, to think of how you can shape your next year. And how that next year will shape you.
I've made this kind of list before, half-heartedly. But this isn't half-hearted. This is full heart.
Deep breath... here we go:
2. go to the Soulard Farmers' Market
3. visit a nearby winery and have a long, leisurely picnic
9. learn calligraphy
11. make Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon
14. read a collection of letters ... I own so many! letters of T.S. Eliot, Henry James, Dorothy Sayers, E.B. White, and Jane Austen, as well as a general collection... but I've never read a collection straight through
15. visit the beautiful public library in downtown St. Louis
16. learn how to change a tire
18. read four travelogues about places I've never been
19. learn how to make a coptic bound book (with the help of this book), and then mail one to a friend
20. make myself a photo album of the last five years... actual pictures! not just digital copies on a screen!
22. go to Bissinger's chocolate bar for drinks
24. go with my niece to the St. Louis Zoo
25. make homemade ice cream
26. see a live play
Mmmm. The kind of list that gets me up in the morning. 26 things before I turn 27: it starts now.