4.07.2010

my reigning favorite in picture books...

This is what had me in stitches last night.


Fantastic illustrations, and one of my favorite endings ever. (The closing line is, in my opinion, spot on. As is the combination of popcorn and tea on the last pages... strangely perfect.)

As it happens, reading picture books is one of the best remedies I know. It definitely got me through some of my toughest weeks in college.

And I don't mean reading a picture book. I mean sitting in the children's chairs in the back corner of the library, working through a stack on your lap, and getting strange looks from librarians.

That's stress-free living, right there. An hour with dinosaurs, wayward pigeons, floating princesses, and dogs who can talk, and I feel fabulous. Go try it! ... But start with Princess Hyacinth.

No comments:

Post a Comment