4.16.2010

inspiration for the creative mutt.

I've been in love three hundred times in my life, and all but five were with books. -- Lee Glickstein

Over the last few weeks, I've been spending a lot of time searching for inspiration online. Mostly prowling design blogs, artistic blogs, Etsy sites, looking for anything that will help me jumpstart my summer offerings for Squirrel & Serif.

I love the wonderful feeling I get after soaking up others' creativity! A heady mix of encouragement, hope, and crafty impulse. It makes me want to get back to my little artist studio and get back to work.

I realized, though, that I neglect inspiration-seeking when it comes to writing. To remedy that--and also because it's a blast--I decided to do similar scouting for my writerly self. This is what I came up with...


1. The Wingfeather Saga, by Andrew Peterson. I am an unabashed reader and admirer of books for young readers. I'm convinced that some of the finest literature is written for kids! These are two of the best such books I know... and I hear he's working on the third...
.

(Incidentally, Andrew Peterson is an all-around wonderful person. He's written some amazing music as well... and I'm more than a little smitten with him and his work!)

2. This is a notebook my mom got me recently when I was having a rough time staying inspired... I love the message--it's so true! I look at it every time I need to remember to keep my priorities--and attitude!--straight.


3. Found this recently on another blog, and it sums up my stance (and recent tirades!) perfectly!! I am--and always will be--a printed word kind of girl.


4. This is one of the most gorgeous prints I know of. I'm going to reward myself with it when I meet a big writing goal soon... maybe when I start drafting the sequel? Hmm. But every time I look at Anne-Julie Aubry's work, I get thrilled to keep writing... Everything she does is stunning. Browse her site for a while and you'll see what I mean...


5. Some other gorgeous Etsy finds while browsing for writerly items...




Mmmm, yes. That hits my little writer heart dead center. Time to go back to outlining...

No comments:

Post a Comment