5.06.2010

now serving: book crush thursdays!

My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read. -- Abraham Lincoln


My younger sister and I used to joke that we should work together in a café/bookstore. I'd run the book side, she'd make the coffee, and we'd cross reference every purchase.

"Emily Dickinson? Go over to the café and see which herbal tea she recommends," I would say.

"Dark chocolate mocha?" my sister would inquire. "Check in with Jenn and see if she'd have Poe's Short Stories or Macbeth with that..."

So in my little online café, what could be more natural than a weekly book recommendation?

It's not a book review--there are plenty of blogs out there which can tell you accurately what a book does well or poorly. All I can do is tell you, from one reader to another, which books I can't do without.

If my bookshelves are to be believed, it's a very long list...

No comments:

Post a Comment