What is it about flour, sugar, butter, and eggs that can turn the unbearable into something bearable? Add a bit of chocolate, and we might even come through smiling.
As a wise aunt of mine said recently: I think if I could bake my way through life, everything would be okay. She is so right.
So. If I had limitless energy (and a bottomless pantry), here's everything I'd learn to make right this minute:
* Homemade doughnuts. It just sounds like a good idea.
* This crepe cake and I still need to get together
* Eclairs... or profiteroles... heck, let's make 'em both.
* Those pistachio-cardamom macarons are still calling me...
* Annnnnd croissants with chocolate
* Clafouti: I've made a cherry one, and somehow feel like I've only just scratched the surface of something wonderful...
Mmhmm. That's a good place to start.