2.04.2010

a handful of photos...

... from my recent trip to Florida. Road trips = yay.

Bonus, there is sunlight in these pictures, a winter rarity.
.

Felt soooo gorgeous to have the windows down and that warm Florida breeze slapping at my hair. Weather like that could convert a die-hard winter fan like myself... am I finally thawing?
.

It was so wonderful, of course, to be down there again. Mom and I had so much to chat about on the drive, with our respective book projects, our writing lives...
.
And then amazing to see how fast my little niece is growing. She is just an incredible little person, and our time there flew by!
.
(That was *not* meant to be a photographic pun on the word fly... I'm just surprisingly clever, that's all...)
.
Fantastic, too, talking with my sister and brother-in-law, catching up on all our lives. (This, too, should be known: my little sister makes a mean batch of guacamole. Just so you know.)
.

Now we're counting down the days till we get to see each other again... Visits with sisters don't stick, they don't last. Leaving always comes too soon; arriving is never soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment