11.10.2010

leaf stalking

I meant to do this earlier, to kick through the sweet gum leaves, document the look of fall 2010, and get that crumbly leaf smell in my nose...



I can't believe how many are already down... is autumn really this far along??



I jump at the shishh of another leaf hitting the pile. They're surprisingly noisy things, falling leaves. Nothing subtle about them and their raspy voices.


And I find myself thinking of the line from Charlie Brown, when he asks the fallen leaf, Did you have a nice summer?




I come back inside wishing that my cheeks were cold... but thinking of whipping up sweet potatoes anyway. Mmmmm.


We have three of them, ready to be transformed into something extraordinary, and now I'm thinking of brown sugar and cinnamon and maybe a hint of maple.


Nothing like a good shot of maple syrup to defy unseasonable weather...


No comments:

Post a Comment